
Well, not exactly... Although many people have the idea that in London it rains almost all throughout the year and is always cold, this summer has surprised me so much. It's almost suffocating in the different rooms (especially mine). I feel either stuffy, sweaty, or just plain hot. It's a pain in the ass when you have the sun blaring down through the window and only one shitty little fan to keep you slightly cool (no, there's no air coming through the five windows I've opened). It's almost like I'm back in Ghana, which isn't a pleasant thought, mind you.
I guess it all has to do with global-warming, where some of the coldest countries could become a lot hotter than usual. I don't know much about global warming and I don't study up on it as much so other topics, but I think that, as the years go by, summers in Europe will rise to unknown temperatures.
Today, it's 29 degrees and humidity has risen from 40% to 50%.
Britain is turning into a pressure cooker as hot, steamy air and intense sunshine roasts the country and kicks off the first serious heatwave of summer. It can be really great when your on the beach trying to get a tan, but be warned: you'll get the worst burn of your life (yes, I was a victim of the sun a couple weeks ago, trust me, it was torture that night).
I will now leave you with picture evidence of me in the sun. BE WARNED!
No comments:
Post a Comment